Personal Injury Attorney
It is understandable why dealing with an auto accident is difficult. Insurance companies do everything they can to complicate the situation and make it harder for you to get compensation for your injuries.
Ian Freed can help.
Ian is an experienced Michigan auto accident attorney who will make sure all of the facts and details of your collision are properly and are thoroughly investigated.
Keep in mind, there is a statute of limitations on claims for auto accidents. This makes it even more urgent to consult with a car accident attorney as soon as possible. Make sure you reach out to an attorney BEFORE discussing your claim with the insurance company or accepting a settlement offer.
Do not make the mistake of thinking you can handle a vehicle accident case without legal representation. You might not be required to work with an attorney, but doing so increases your chances of getting a fair settlement.
How do you know you need an attorney?
If you have suffered any of the following types of injuries in an auto accident, you need an attorney:
- Whiplash of neck injuries: Usually caused by rear-end collisions, which make up about a quarter of all auto accidents.
- Fractures: All types of fractures can occur in an auto accident, but femur (thighbone) fractures are very common.
- Airbag injuries: For as many lives as airbags save, they cause a significant number of injuries.
- Quadriplegic injuries: One of the most devastating injuries that can occur in an auto accident, these injuries are permanent and require legal guidance to deal with.
- Internal injuries: Injuries to the kidneys, bowels, spleen, liver, heart, and lungs are common factors in auto accidents.
- Back injuries: It is easy to see how the force and trauma of a car accident can damage the vertebrae, ligaments, and muscles of the back. These injuries can be painful and long-lasting.
- Foot, knee, & ankle injuries: These are the second-most common type of injury that occurs in auto accidents.
This list is not comprehensive. If you have been injured in any way in an auto accident, no matter how minor, Ian can help.
An experienced auto accident lawyer will sort through the details of the accident, find out what you are entitled to and make sure insurance companies do not try to take advantage of you. An experienced attorney is likely to get you a better settlement than you would get on your own.
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be extremely stressful. You will need to manage your own recovery and deal with insurance companies. And this is all assuming the person who caused the accident even has car insurance coverage – and many do not.
If you are involved in a car accident with a driver who is uninsured or underinsured, you must speak to an attorney about your case. He or she can protect you from all of the pitfalls that come with involvement in an accident with an uninsured driver.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident and you would like to speak to an experienced Southfield Michigan or Oakland County Michigan area personal injury attorney, contact Ian Freed at 248-213-4900.