Contact an Attorney
Slip & fall accidents in Michigan are common. There is a lot of snow and wet weather and floors, sidewalks, and other surfaces tend to be slick. Slip & falls can lead to painful injuries, expensive medical bills, and time away from work. Serious injuries can cause lasting disabilities or even the loss of life.
If you are injured in a slip & fall injury in Southfield Michigan or Oakland County Michigan, you need an experienced personal injury attorney. Ian Freed can help.
In order to win a lawsuit against the responsible party in a slip & fall accident, you will need to show negligence or intent. This means that person must have had a duty to prevent you from a slipping and falling and they failed to perform that duty. If you have been injured in a slip & fall accident you need an attorney who knows how to prove negligence and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Where do most slip & fall accident happen?
- Snowy, icy sidewalks and walkways. In Michigan, we are used to walking carefully during the winter months when conditions can be treacherous. But property owners are still responsible for doing their best to make walkways passable and safe. If they fail to do so and you are injured you could be eligible to file a slip & fall claim.
- Retail stores. These places tend to be places where people are prone to slip & fall injuries. Anything can cause you to fall in a store, including water tracked in from outside, debris left in an aisle, a spill on the floor, or boxes of merchandise that are in the way. If you are injured in a slip-and-fall injury due to unsafe conditions, you might be eligible to file a slip & fall claim.
- Private residences. Apartments, homes, and other private structures must be kept as safe as possible at all times. This means porches, balconies, railings, ramps, sidewalks, and other external features of a home must be maintained. If you are injured on private property, you might be eligible to file a slip & fall claim.
A slip-and-fall injury can occur due to a wide range of hazards, including poor maintenance, faulty design, or simple inattention to hazards. If you have fallen and suffered an injury, ask yourself the following:
- How, when, and where did your injuries happen?
- Did the private property owner have a reasonable opportunity to remove the hazard that caused your injury?
- Was a non-removable hazard marked?
- Was poor lighting or limited visibility a factor?
Slip & fall injuries can be serious and cause a number of injuries, including:
- Neck and back injuries
- Sprains and broken bones
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
If you have been injured in a slip & fall accident, you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible. Ian Freed can help.